Digital X-rays are a safe, helpful diagnosing tool. Our dentist uses them to spot and diagnose any dental issues that are difficult to detect with the naked eye. We use digital X-rays in New City and New York City, New York, to:
– Detect decay that is not visible with the naked eye
– Locate decay beneath an existing filling
– Reveal bone loss caused by gum disease or other issues
– Detect changes in the root canal or the surrounding bone from infection
– Help Dr. Robert Marder prepare for dental implants, dentures, etc.
– Detect an abscess, which is an infection in the root of the tooth
– Detect and diagnose other abnormalities
Taking digital X-rays can help our dentist detect any dental issues that you may have early, when they are easier to treat. This can save you money and discomfort.
Dr. Robert Marder will decide how often to take your X-rays depending on your dental history and your current oral health. Some people need to have digital X-rays taken as often as every six months. If a patient has no recent issues like gum disease, they may only need to have dental X-rays taken once a year, or once every few years. For new patients, our dentist may take X-rays as part of their first visit. This will give us something to compare any changes in their oral cavity to.
We welcome you to contact Robert W Marder DMD, PLLC today to learn more and to schedule your next appointment with our dentist.