As we age, our oral health care needs to change too, and for the better. Time can play a role in our oral health making it essential to keep up with your oral hygiene routines. Furthermore, your oral health should not go neglected.
Our dentist, Dr. Robert Marder, cares about your oral health and is happy to help you in any way possible. That is why our team at Robert W Marder DMD, PLLC in New City, New York, wants to provide some tips and tricks to taking care of your oral health as you age.
Here are some tips to give you help with your oral health care:
– With age, brushing and flossing may be tough with hand coordination, so try switching to an easier to use tool like an electric toothbrush or water flosser instead of traditional dental instruments.
– Visit your dentist regularly to avoid any other problems that may occur.
– Remember to clean your dentures every day, so the bacteria will not trickle into your gums causing gum disease.
– Quit habits like tobacco use in any form because it dramatically increases your chances of cancer and can cause many other oral health problems.
– Avoid dry mouth because it can lead to harmful bacteria breeding in your oral cavity, so keep hydrated each day.
– Keep up with your brushing and flossing habitually to keep your smile clean and fresh.
If you follow these tips, you could help your smile stay healthy and in tip-top shape through the years. If you have questions about your smile, or need to speak to a dentist, please call us today at 212-265-8291 to make an appointment. Our dental team looks forward to your visit.